Notice is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting of the members of Independent Advocacy in the Tropics Inc.
Date: Monday 26 September 2022
Time: 12:30pm – 3:00pm
Place: Boardroom, IANQ Office, Suite 1/1-3 Barlow St, South Townsville Q 4810
- Welcome and apologies
- Acceptance of Minutes of the last AGM held Friday 17 September 2021
- General Business Arising from previous AGM - NIL
- Chair’s Report including Annual Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Auditor’s Report
- Annual Financial Statements
- Step down of current Management Committee
- Election of 2022 - 2023 Management Committee
- Appointment of Auditor for 2022 - 2023
- General Business
Please note, to be eligible for a Management Committee position, you must be able to obtain a Disability Services Yellow Card and Working with Children Blue Card.
SAVE THE DATES - 2022: once set, see our flyer or calendar entries for lcations/dates/times
3 - 7 OCTOBER
31 OCTOBER - 7 NOVEMBER
27 NOVEMBER - 2 DECEMBER
- Chat with our CEO on what we do and how we might be able to help
- Service Provider presentations on request (conducted on site in person and/or via video link)
- Book in for a private meeting with one of our advocates (via phone or video link)
Give us a call on 1800 887 688 to pre-book meetings, chats or presentations.
Interested in attending a Self-Advocacy Workshop in the region? Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
Self-Advocacy Workshops - Expressions of Interest
This workshop has been developed for us by Dorothy Sellers, B.Com.Welf:M.Soc.Pol and will be presented and facilitated by our trained Advocates. In it you will:
- learn what self-advocacy is and the skills you need
- know how and when to use them
- learn how to identify problems
- how to prepare yourself and how to do it
These workshops are open to people with disability, their family members and/or carers, support workers or service organisations.
Due to the success of our 2020 Workshop Series, we are taking expressions of interest from those who would like to attend a workshop. Please call our office on 1800 887 688 and speak with Leanne or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.