Our volunteers are important to us and we value their contribution.
Volunteers have been involved with our organization since it began in 1989 and have been pivotal to our success and evolvement.
Our Management Committee members are also volunteers!
IATI believes that volunteers should be appointed on suitability, taking into account factors such as the applicant’s qualifications and experience appropriate to the volunteer position; their skills, knowledge, abilities and their potential - no matter who they are.
IATI will not permit discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic background or ethnicity. This applies to all whether they be paid employees or volunteers in all areas including recruitment, promotion, assignment of work, provided the individual is qualified and meets the requirements established for the position.
Voluntter positions are dependent upon the person’s ability to obtain or renew the Disability Worker Screening, Yellow Card and Blue Card Exemption. This is required under the Disability Services Act 2006 and the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 as Amended.
Volunteer Positions - Office:
- Office Administration
- Social media / Marketing
If you have skills in these areas we'd love to hear from you.
If you are interested in volunteering your services to our organisation, please contact our Operations Manager on 07 4725 2505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Positions - Management Committee:
We are looking for a diverse range of people to join our Management Committee to enhance and increase our service delivery within our service area. This diversity includes:
- those with disability (it is a requirement that the majority of our Management Committee is a person with disability),
- those with board/committee experience;
- disability or social services industry specific experience;
- competency and experience in disciplines such as business administration: change management; finance; governance; human resources; IT/Social Media; legal; marketing; networking and WHS.
It is essential that candidates MUST meet the following "Role Requirements":
- be currently living in Queensland and in our service region;
- have a genuine interest in the area of disability including mental health;
- be able to commit the time and resources to carry out the role;
- hold or be able to obtain a Qld Government Disability Worker Screening, Yellow Card and Blue Card Exemption for working with children or young people.
Please contact our Secretary at email@example.com for further information or to arrange a confidential meeting.